Duration: 2.5 hours
Join us on an expedition to the most remote of the Pembrokeshire islands, the offshore reefs and edges of the Celtic Deep. On this voyage we will encounter over 80,000 gannets, Britain’s largest and most majestic seabird, before we begin our search for porpoise, whales and dolphins.
What you can expect to see:
At Grassholm Island, home of the gannet colony, you will be immersed in a sensory experience as thousands of gannets circle overhead. Your ears will be filled with the constant squabble of the birds and your nose will be in for a treat!
Cetacean (whale, dolphin and porpoise) species we often encounter are harbour porpoise, common dolphin, which are very curious creatures often seen to interact with the boat, and the mysterious Risso’s dolphin.
On rarer occasions, species such as pilot and minke whale, orca, sei and fin whale, sunfish, basking shark and leather back turtle are sighted in these waters.
Depending on weather conditions and sightings we may venture out as far as the Smalls lighthouse, steeped in history with tales of messages in bottles, Viking wrecks and darker tales of disaster.
Who is the trip suitable for?
Due to the extended length of the trip and the fact that we may be up to 20 miles offshore, there is an age limit of 8 years or over.
- To book, please buy one voucher per person for your chosen boat trip.
- Child tickets are available for children of 13 years and under. Those 14 years old or over will need an Adult ticket.
- Once you have purchased your voucher(s) you will receive an email with a link in it to download your voucher(s).
- Your voucher code is shown in the top right-hand corner.
- Please phone 07494 141764 to book a place on your chosen trip. You will be asked for your vouchers codes when you book.
- Please bear in mind that although trips are scheduled, they are subject to change due to weather and sea conditions.
- Arrive at St Justinians (SA62 6PY) at least 30 minutes before your trip is due to leave. You will need time to park your car and walk down the steps to the slipway where you will be met by our boarding master. Please bring a copy of your tickets. Further parking and departure information is available on our Boat Trip information page.
Please make sure your email address and phone number are correct when booking! You will receive your voucher by email and we may need to reach you by phone.
The slipway at St Justinians is accessed via steps, we apologise but these are not accessible to wheelchair users. St Justinians is where the current lifeboat station is, although a new one is being built nearby to accommodate the new, larger lifeboat.
In case of bad weather
If the weather and/or sea conditions are not suitable or the operator considers conditions are unsafe to sail, the trip will be cancelled. You will be informed.
Your ticket will remain valid and you can book onto the trip at another time. Your ticket will be valid for up to a year (although please get in touch if you find it is getting neat the expiry date as we are always flexible on this). Refunds will also be available.
Please read our Boat trip information for details of where you can park, what you need to wear etc.
Please refer to our full Terms & conditions.
For further information, please see our FAQs.