Duration: 1.5 to 1.75 hours
Let us take you on a voyage to witness one of the wonders of the natural world, as 360,000 Manx Shearwater return to their burrows at dusk.
We will explore the echoing caves and stunning wildlife of Ramsey Island, before heading further offshore to the puffin colony on North Bishop Island.
The evening light glinting from the golden lichens that grow on the west cliffs of Ramsey is a sight to see in itself, but the real experience to be sought after is when we will sit with the engines off, gazing back to the shore, marvelling in the tranquil gliding flight of the shearwaters as they swoop around us, wingtips skimming the surface as the sun sets. This trip provides the perfect end to the perfect day in Pembrokeshire.
What you can expect to see?
On this trip we would expect to see guillemots, razorbills and kittiwakes nesting on the coast of Ramsey in spring and early summer, as well as the possibility of seeing rarer species such as the chough and peregrine falcon.
This trip should be filled with engaging encounters with the Atlantic grey seal and we may catch up with harbour porpoise feeding in the Sound. At the North Bishop we may see up to 40 pairs of bright-billed puffins and, as the sun sets, we would hope to see tens of thousands of shearwaters returning home to their burrows.
Who is the trip suitable for?
The trip is generally suitable for all ages but please feel free to contact us if you have any concerns.
- To book, please buy one voucher per person for your chosen boat trip.
- Child tickets are available for children of 13 years and under. Those 14 years old or over will need an Adult ticket.
- Once you have purchased your voucher(s) you will receive an email with a link in it to download your voucher(s).
- Your voucher code is shown in the top right-hand corner.
- Please phone 07494 141764 to book a place on your chosen trip. You will be asked for your vouchers codes when you book.
- Please bear in mind that although trips are scheduled, they are subject to change due to weather and sea conditions.
- Arrive at St Justinians (SA62 6PY) at least 30 minutes before your trip is due to leave. You will need time to park your car and walk down the steps to the slipway where you will be met by our boarding master. Please bring a copy of your tickets. Further parking and departure information is available on our Boat Trip information page.
Please make sure your email address and phone number are correct when booking! You will receive your voucher by email and we may need to reach you by phone.
The slipway at St Justinians is accessed via steps, we apologise but these are not accessible to wheelchair users. St Justinians is where the current lifeboat station is, although a new one is being built nearby to accommodate the new, larger lifeboat.
In case of bad weather
If the weather and/or sea conditions are not suitable or the operator considers conditions are unsafe to sail, the trip will be cancelled. You will be informed.
Your ticket will remain valid and you can book onto the trip at another time. Your ticket will be valid for up to a year (although please get in touch if you find it is getting neat the expiry date as we are always flexible on this). Refunds will also be available.
Please read our Boat trip information for details of where you can park, what you need to wear etc.
Please refer to our full Terms & conditions.
For further information, please see our FAQs.