Duration: 2 hours
We will take in all of the delights offered in the 1-hour trip, but the extra time allows us the opportunity to sit, relax and marvel in the natural beauty of Ramsey Island and the fantastic wildlife that inhabits it.
We will also access some of Ramsey’s more tucked away caves and gorges. Whilst it is easy to while away the entire two hours exploring Ramsey’s dramatic coastline and wildlife we may head further offshore to the waters around the outlying South Bishop lighthouse or North Bishop puffin colony, depending on conditions.
What you can expect to see?
As with the 1 hour Ramsey Island trip you would expect to see guillemots, razorbills and kittiwakes in spring and early summer, and rare species of bird such as the peregrine falcon and the chough.
The star of the show year round seems to be the Atlantic grey seal, for which Ramsey is one of the largest breeding colonies in the UK. We regularly encounter a pod of harbour porpoise as they feed in the tidal waters of the Sound. If we venture to the North Bishop you will also see the technicolour puffin.
Who is the trip suitable for?
The trip is generally suitable for all ages but please feel free to contact us if you have any concerns.
- To book, please buy one voucher per person for your chosen boat trip.
- Child tickets are available for children of 13 years and under. Those 14 years old or over will need an Adult ticket.
- Once you have purchased your voucher(s) you will receive an email with a link in it to download your voucher(s).
- Your voucher code is shown in the top right-hand corner.
- Please phone 07494 141764 to book a place on your chosen trip. You will be asked for your vouchers codes when you book.
- Please bear in mind that although trips are scheduled, they are subject to change due to weather and sea conditions.
- Arrive at St Justinians (SA62 6PY) at least 30 minutes before your trip is due to leave. You will need time to park your car and walk down the steps to the slipway where you will be met by our boarding master. Please bring a copy of your tickets. Further parking and departure information is available on our Boat Trip information page.
Please make sure your email address and phone number are correct when booking! You will receive your voucher by email and we may need to reach you by phone.
The slipway at St Justinians is accessed via steps, we apologise but these are not accessible to wheelchair users. St Justinians is where the current lifeboat station is, although a new one is being built nearby to accommodate the new, larger lifeboat.
In case of bad weather
If the weather and/or sea conditions are not suitable or the operator considers conditions are unsafe to sail, the trip will be cancelled. You will be informed.
Your ticket will remain valid and you can book onto the trip at another time. Your ticket will be valid for up to a year (although please get in touch if you find it is getting neat the expiry date as we are always flexible on this). Refunds will also be available.
Please read our Boat trip information for details of where you can park, what you need to wear etc.
Please refer to our full Terms & conditions.
For further information, please see our FAQs.