- Our most commonly sighted dolphin
- Common dolphins are a pelagic species (not resident in our waters year round), but are often seen during the summer months.
- They are an extremely agile and playful creature and seem to take great delight in riding the bow wave and generally playing around the boat.
- Rissos dolphin are considerably larger than the common dolphin growing to a maximum 3.8m in length
- Relatively little is known about the somewhat elusive Rissos dolphin e.g. how long they live.
- Adults often appear white in colour due to scaring on their bodies.